1. Poker rules
1. Betsafe Poker General
BetsafePoker by Microgaming is operated by BML Group Ltd. on the online poker network Microgaming made available by Prima Poker Ltd. conducting its business and acting fully in compliance with the applicable laws of Malta and are regulated and licensed by the The Malta Gaming Authority. Betsafe’s operations centre and support centre are located in Malta, operating legally and in full compliance with the applicable Maltese laws. Players from following countries are not allowed to play in Poker by Microgaming due to restrictions from the platform operator: Australia, Bulgaria, Denmark and Italy, France, Spain, Turkey, Hong Kong, The United States of America and other U.S. territories, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Syria and Yemen.
2. Prohibited Use of Poker Account
2.1 No bots/artificial intelligence. It is prohibited to use bot software or artificial intelligence by the player, whether comercially obtained or privately developed. 'Bots' are software programs or other devices which interact with the game software to play poker, while requiring little or no human inventions. Bots may use rules or artificial intelligence to make playing decisions. The Operator will actively look for such software on the player’s machine subject to the player’s consent. Consent will also establish that the player will not interfere with any of the detection mechanisms. This clause applies regardless of whether the bot is actually used in conjunction with the games client or otherwise.
2.2 No Prohibited Software. Other types of software are also prohibited, these include but are not limited to any software which:
• Confers any sort of unfair advantage on the player using it;
• Shares hole cards among players or assists collusion or cheating in any way;
• Utilises a database of hands or player profiles which is shared between users;
• Reduces or eliminates the need for a human to make decisions (for example, tools which automatically fold specific starting hands);
• Is designed to datamine (i.e. gather hands or player profiles from the game client beyond which the player has observed from their own play) for any purpose whether personal or commercial. This also applies to any data which has been obtained by datamining, whether the data was obtained by the player themselves or by anyone else. Players are furthermore prohibited from sharing of any legitimately gathered data with other players.;
• Provides real-time advice on the action to take during play (including ICM analysis tools);
• Attempts to block any of our fraud and cheating detection mechanisms;
2.3 No Collusion . It is prohibited for players to act as a team, with or without prior explicit agreement, to the actual or theoretical detriment of other players in the game. Accordingly players must,
• always play in their own individual best interests;
• not work together with another player to gain an advantage;
• not 'soft play' against friends – i.e. they must play just as aggressively against somebody they know as they would against an unknown opponent utilising the same strategy;
• not 'chip dump' – i.e. they must not intentionally lose hands or manipulate the gameplay in order to transfer funds to any other player;
• not share hole card information with any other player;
• not play in the same cash game or Sit 'n' Go tournament as any player in which they have a financial interest - i.e. they should not play in the same games as anyone with whom they have a staking, swap, profit sharing or bankroll sharing agreement;
• not encourage any other player to collude;
2.4 No Account Sharing . Players must not share their account, under any circumstances, with any other person as this would tantamount to ‘Multiple Account Abuse’. It is thus prohibited for any player to gain an advantage by sharing accounts to disguise their playing style, or by ‘handing off’ tournaments to another player part-way through. Accordingly, a player may not use any account other than their own keep their credentials (alias, password, and any other information used to access the player’s account) secret and not reveal them to any other person.
2.5 No Gold Farming. It is strictly prohibited for a player to play poker on the behalf of an employer, perhaps being funded by the employer or playing according to a strategy provided by the employer. Gold Farms are considered to be sweatshops consisting of ‘human bots’, and are prohibited for similar reasons.
2.6 No Angleshooting . Any attempt to gain an unfair advantage over other players, whether specifically prohibited by the rules or not, is strictly prohibited. Any activities that are designed to give a player an unfair advantage, but which may be allowed under a strict interpretation of the rules or due to a loophole or unintended software characteristics are prohibited under this clause.
2.7 No Problem Gamblers . It is prohibited for anybody with a gambling problem to sign up for an account or play under any circumstances; If a player discovers that they have a gambling problem thereafter, they are required to inform the operator and cease playing on the network immediately.
2.8 The Player’s Account Can Be Locked / Closed Without Prior Notice . The operator has the right to lock and/or permanently close the player’s account at their discretion and without prior notice. This is done with the aim of stopping fraudulently obtained funds from being withdrawn, performing investigations and for any other reason The Operator deems fit.
2.9 The Funds in the Player’s Account Can Be Seized. In the event of any violation of the poker rules or T&Cs, the operator reserves the right to seize all of the funds in the player’s account, including deposited money, and to reverse any withdrawals that may be pending. This includes but is not limited to, obtaining funds fraudulently, cheating, and unethical play. The operator must be able to seize all of the funds in the player’s account, including deposited money.